Thursday 4 June 2020

Midweek Musings


I found a version of this written by Nadia Bolz-Weber, who I admire very much. I have altered it to make it personal to me. Perhaps you could write one that is personal to you? (No need to share, but it is a lovely exercise in offering our everyday lives up to God):

I do not know when we can gather together again in worship, Lord.
So, for now I just ask that:
When I sing along in my kitchen to James Taylor and Joni Mitchell, that may be counted as singing hymns. And that when I dance in my kitchen to Silly Wizard, that is my praise.
And that when I read the news and my heart sinks or my anger rises, may it be counted as my lamentation.
And that when I smile and say thank you to the cashier, the delivery driver or the pharmacist, that I am passing on the peace.
And that when I water my plants and wash my dishes and take a shower may it be counted as remembering my baptism.
And that when I sit in my garden and give thanks that is my prayer.
And that as I sit at the kitchen table and eat one more homemade meal, with nothing else demanding my time or attention, may it be counted as communion.

Amen.

--
Rev'd Ann Kember
Rector of St Mary's Chard, St Nicholas Combe, St Mary's Wambrook and St Andrew's, Whitestaunton
01460 351521
07490 236179

No comments:

Post a Comment